Island Spirit Kayak is a mobile operation located on the barrier beach between Sengekontacket Pond’s 745 acres of rich wildlife paddling and The Nantucket Sound’s calm waters, beaches and the famous Jaws/Jumping Bridge! We are only 1 mile from Oak Bluffs town and are easily accessible by bike, bus, walking paths and a public parking area on location.
Our launch is the perfect location to explore the island’s rich wildlife; shellfish beds, Osprey and small islands within the pond, or you can paddle under the bridge to the ocean for the calm North shore waters, sandy public beaches and inland harbors.
- There are no facilities on location for changing or restrooms, so please be sure you arrive, ready to paddle!
- Island Spirit Kayak is an environmentally responsible company and we do not sell or encourage any plastic single use containers. We DO provide FREE WATER!! So please either bring your own reusable water bottle or you may purchase one of our awesome yeti mugs or water bottles on site.
What we love to do!
We specialize in providing kayak and SUP (Stand Up Paddle Board) tours. Our goal is to introduce the natural beauty of these islands through low impact observation while providing a fun and safe activity. Island Spirit Kayak also offers
- Paddle Board Yoga
- Sunrise Kayak Tours
- Sunset and Moonlight Paddles
- Kid’s Kayak Adventures
- Full Moon Trips
- Group Kayak Ultimate Frisbee!
For those interested in paddling on their own we offer kayak rentals everyday right on State Beach in Oak Bluffs. We also deliver to all locations on the island. Whether you are renting a home and wish to rent kayaks or paddle boards for the whole week or would like a 3 hour self paddle in Menemsha Pond, we will bring all our equipment, PFD’s, and a map of the location right to you!
Click here to see our Kayak Rental or Paddle Board Rental rates. Whether you are an experienced kayaker or first time paddler, we have the right equipment for you. Island Spirit Kayak offers Boreal Design sea kayaks with rudders to Bic Sport sit on top kayaks. This year we are also featuring RMJ Sports Paddle Boards!
We welcome beginners, seasoned kayakers, and those who return to Martha’s Vineyard year after year to paddle with us.
We look forward to seeing you on the water!
Owner, Island Spirit Kayak
Our Mobile Beach Location:
Edgartown Oak Bluffs Road, Little Bridge,
State beach, Oak Bluffs MA 02557
Our Mailing Address:
455 State Road, PMB 173
Vineyard Haven MA 02568
Hours of Operation
We are often at the Little bridge from sunrise to sunset, although our official hours are: 9am – 5pm.
- Please feel free to give us a call to check conditions at the beach.
- There are times when we stop renting paddleboards or kayaks due to wind or other weather related causes.
- If you would like to rent a kayak at sunrise or sunset or outside our official hours, no problem!
- Just give us a call and make a reservation and we can make it happen for you!
- We are offering all of our tours and rentals beginning April 15th through November 15th!
- Although we may not be posted at our mobile beach location, we are available by phone or online booking and can accommodate you through the best seasons on the water.
WINTER (November 15 – April 15th)
- We are closed for the season.
- For advanced bookings you may do so online or send an email or leave a phone message, these are checked bi-weekly.